Jyothy Institute of Technology is committed to:
- Imparts quality
education by establishing effective learning-teaching-learning processes to generate
competent engineers and managers with high professional ethics and social responsibilities.
- Creates a congenial
environment and provide state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- Constantly improve
the effectiveness of the quality management system.
Innovative teaching-learning methodology
JIT, right from inception, stick
on to the innovative teaching-learning practice and all the classrooms are equipped
with LCD Projectors, WACOM Digital writing pads, and thin client provisions. We
invite all our stakeholders to go through “The Departmental Teaching-Learning
Innovations” manual maintained in each of the Departments. This highlights the
respective departmental strength in the innovative teaching-learning process, some
of the innovative teaching-learning activities adopted by the department, its outcome
and impact analysis. WACOM digital pad enabled teaching, pre-test and post-test
practical, video and animation based topic introductions, open-book tests are
some worthy teaching-learning initiatives that always has its top position in
our periodic impact analysis report.
Rules under code of conduct are applicable for all the persons from
inside and outside the college:
- He / She should always maintain high standards of excellence and integrity; maintain loyalty and devotion to duty.
- No employees should do anything against the institution and if any, may result in the termination.
- Never get into associations with objectives or activities that contradict the philosophy of the institution.
- Never take participation in any demonstrations/protest against the spirit and practice of the institution.
- She/he anonymously or in any name should never make any statement or express any opinion and don’t communicate with the press or public which may result in adverse criticism or embarrassment to the Institution.
- He/she shall be subjected to the code of conduct and discipline as laid down by the Management, duty list and instructions issued by the head of institution from time to time.
- He/She shall attend all the courses/seminars/conferences such as Computer courses, Personality development courses, skill development, alternate job development courses, etc. as directed by the management without fail.
- While in the full-time
employment of the institution, he/she should honestly and to the best of
the ability engage in the duties laid down by the management, and/or the head
of institution, and through their whole time employment period they should not
undergo any other activity or business, including tuition which will reduce
their efficiency. It is highly unethical for any individual to pass derogatory
remarks about the management, other Employees, students OR parents. Grievances,
if any shall be detailed to the Head of institution in writing.
In addition to the above
statements, rules for staff members:
- Their loyalty, sense
of dedication and courteous behavior at all times, should be an inspiration to
the students and staff under their care.
- They should convey
that it is in their power to promote harmony and team spirit among members
of staff and always encourage and help others. One, who is the cause of disharmony
among others, would be considered as a person for serious misconduct. Be
objective in his/her judgments. A teacher shall not be late to class and while
in class has to use the entire time for teaching which should include varied
techniques and the correction of an individual student exercised in his/her
- The “Off class”
period shall normally be spent in preparation for lessons and evaluation of students,
counseling the students and helping the authorities by taking up additional
responsibilities as specified from time to time.
- Complaints that
come from parents or others are often based on some misunderstanding. And at the
time teacher should be frank and fair with parents and respect them and
their views and judgments. Serious complaints should be referred to the head of
the institution as soon as possible.
- The teacher’s
conduct, speech, and dress should be exemplary. Modesty, smartness, and appropriateness
must be the guiding factor of their way of dressing.
- All the persons should
be present for the institution activities unless exempted from doing so due
to illness or with the permission of superiors.
- Employees should not leave the institution
premises before the working hours.
- Shall not go out of
the work spot without the written permission for the entire working
hours of the institution.
- Before going out of the institution, you should
produce a written permission letter to the management.
- An employee in
scale who is absent for more than 8 continuous working days is susceptible to disciplinary
action. And the employee on engagement for a specific period on consolidated
salary, who is absent for more than 8 days is deemed to have severed engagement
appointment. The employee shall not accept or do any job outside the
institution when in full-time employment.