Jyothy Institute of Technology
Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University - Belagavi, Approved by AICTE - New Delhi
Quality Policy at JIT
Jyothy Institute of Technology is committed to:
- Impart quality education by establishing effective learning-teaching-learning processes to produce competent engineers and managers with high professional ethics and societal responsibility.
- Create congenial environment and provide state-of the-art infrastructure.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the quality management system.
JIT, right from inception is insisting on innovative teaching learning practice. All class rooms being equipped with LCD Projectors, WACOM Digital writing pads, thin client provision for class room and faculty are some of the infrastructural facilities.
We invite all our stake holders to go through “Departmental Teaching Learning Innovations” procedural manual maintained in each of the Department. This highlights the respective departmental unique strength in the innovative teaching learning process, some of the innovative teaching learning activities adopted by the department, its out come and impact analysis.
WACOM digital pad enabled teaching, pre- tests and post-test per practical, video and animation based topic introductions, open book test are some of the mention worthy teaching learning initiatives that stood high in our periodic impact analysis report.
Rules under code of conduct are applicable for all the personnel of the College and every person:
- He / She shall at all times, submit to high standards of excellence and integrity; maintain loyalty and devotion to duty.
- He / She should do nothing which would be unbecoming of an employee of the Institution.
- He / She shall not join or continue to be a member of an association, the objects or activities of which are contrary to the philosophy of the institution.
- He/she shall not engage or participate in any demonstration/protest which is against the philosophy, spirit and practices of the institution.
- He / She shall not through any means, publish in his own name or anonymously or in the name of any other person, a communication to the press or in any public utterance, make any statement or express an opinion which may result in adverse criticism or embarrassment to the institution or to any responsible member thereof.
- He / she shall be subject to the code of conduct and discipline as laid down by the Management, duty list and instructions issued by the head of institution from time to time.
- He / She shall attend all the courses/seminars/conferences such as Computer courses, Personality development curses, skill development, alternate job development courses, etc. as directed by the management without fail.
- While in the full time employment of the institution, he / she shall honestly and to the best of the ability engage in the duties laid down by the management, and / or the head of institution, as their whole time employment and they shall not undertake or carry on any other activity or business, including tuition which will reduce their efficiency as adjudged by the head of the institution. It is highly unethical for any individual to pass derogatory remarks about the management, other Employees, students OR parents. Grievances, if any shall be detailed to the Head of institution in writing.
- Their loyalty, sense of dedication and courteous behavior at all times, should be an inspiration to the students and staff under their care.
- They should do and say all that is in their power to promote harmony and team spirit among members of staff. And also to encourage and help one another. One who is the cause of disharmony among others, would be considered guilty of serious misconduct. Be objective in his/her judgments. A teacher shall not be late to class and while in class shall use the entire time for teaching which should include varied techniques and the correction of an individual student exercised in his/her presence.
- The “Off class” period shall normally be spent in preparation of lessons and evaluation of submission by students, counseling the students and helping the authorities by taking up additional responsibilities as specified from time to time.
- Complaints that come from parents or other, often based on some misunderstanding. The teacher should be frank and fair with parents and respect them and their views and judgments. Serious complaints should be referred to the head of institution as soon as possible.
- The teacher’s conduct, speech and dress, should be exemplary. Modesty, smartness and appropriateness must be the guiding factor in the way they dress.
- All the personnel shall be present for their institution activities unless exempted from doing so by illness or with the permission of superiors.
- Shall be at their work place in the institution premises for the entire working hours of the institution.
- Shall not go out of the work spot without the written permission for the entire working hours of the institution.
- An employee in scale who absent for more than 8 continuous work days is susceptible for disciplinary action. The employee on engagement for a specific period on consolidated salary who absents for more than 8 days is deemed to have severed engagement appointment. The employee shall not accept or do any job outside the institution when in full time employment.