Jyothy Institute of Technology
Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University - Belagavi, Approved by AICTE - New Delhi
Computer Science & Engineering
Dr. C B Mohan, HoD & Vice Principal
Dr. C B MohanProfessor
Total Teaching Experience: 24 Years
Degrees Awarded:Doctorate National Aerospace Laboratories-VTU
Ph.D - Lubricant Tribology
Masters MSRIT- VTU
M.Tech-Manufacturing Science &Engg.
Graduation UVCE, Bangalore University
B.E- Mechanical Engineering
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:Membership of Professional Bodies:
Fellow, Institution of Engineers
Fellow, Indian Institute Production Engineers
Life Member, Indian Society of Technical Education
Life Member, Tribology Society of India
1. C. B. Mohan et.al, Influence of oil groove shapes on frictional properties of sliding surfaces, Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, 2018, (Accepted).
2. C.B.Mohan et.al Experimental studies on vataharanaloha - an Ancient Aircraft Material, Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, 2018, (Accepted).
3. C. B. Mohan et.al, Studies on an Ancient Aircraft Material-Panchloha, Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, 2017, 76,446-449. IF: 0.557. 4. C.B.Mohan et.al, Development of Novel additives for slide way lubricants, Industrial Lubrication & Tribology, Vol.67, Issue.2, 2015
5. C.B.Mohan et.al Effect of heating of test pin above ambient temperatures on tribological behavior of two-phase and three-phase polystyrene composites, Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials, Vol. 28(11) 1482–95, 2013
6. C.B.Mohan et.al, Tribological Studies on Effect of Mixture of Fillers in Polystyrene Matrix Composites, Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials, vol.27,1192-1208, 2013
7. C.B.Mohan et.al, Bulk Temperature Estimation of a Polymer Composite Pin, Wear, V 268, pp 346-351, 2010
8. C.B.Mohan et.al, Tribological Studies of Polymer Based Ceramic Metal Composites Processed at Room Temperature”, Wear, V266, pp 878-883, 2009
9. C.B.Mohan et.al, Design and Development of Advanced Linear Reciprocating Tribometer, Wear, V267, pp 1111-1116, 2009
10. C.B.Mohan et.al ,Coolant Lubricity and Coolant Lube Compatibility with Regard to Slide way Behavior, Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, V 30, No 4, pp 281-285, 2008
International /National Conferences:
1. C.B.Mohan et.al, Studies on Wear Behavior of Aluminum and Copper Particulate Filled Polymer Composites, International Conference on Advanced Composites at IISc, 2011
2. C.B.Mohan et.al, Studies on Wear Behavior of Particulate Filled Polymer Composites, World Tribology Congress, Sept 6-11, Kyoto, Japan 2009
3. C.B.Mohan et.al, International Conference on Industrial tribology (ICIT), Some Studies on Coolant Deterioration-IISc, 2006
1. Composite paste to buildup surfaces and the process of making paste No:4903/CHE/2012 Dated: 26th Nov 2012 Abstract: The novelty in the proposed patent has development of a polymeric paste to rebuild and revitalise worn out surfaces of machine tool slide ways. The embodiments include use of the same paste to fill cracks in metal structures.
2. Development of additive based lubricants for sliding surfaces Regn.No: HQ/IPR/FA/12059/2012, 4th Jan 2013 Abstract: The novelty includes development of an additive based lubricant to improve lubrication under high load.
Dr. G C Vijay Kumar
Dr. G C Vijay KumarProfessor
Areas of Interest: Machine Design, Financial Failure of Manufacturing Organizations Total Teaching Experience as on Jan. 2018: [30 years]
Total Industrial Experience as on Jan. 2018: [04 in years]
(Ph.D.) (Financial Failure of Manufacturing Organizations), VTU Belgaum, 
MBA (Financial Management), Southeastern University, USA 
M.Tech. (Machine Design), Bangalore University 
B.E (Mechanical Engineering), Bangalore [University, 
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:
• “Applying Altman’s Business Failure Prediction Model to Indian NSE Small Cap and Mid Cap Auto and Auto Ancillary Companies”, International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology, Nov. 2015, Vol. 3, Issue XI, 394 - 406
• “Assessing Business Performance of NSE’s CNX Small and Mid Cap Auto and Auto Ancillary Companies”, Journal of Basic and Applied Research International, 2015, Vol. 11, Issue 1, 10 - 21
• “Failure of SMEs in India: Potential Reasons and Possible Cures”, International Journal of Marketing, Financial Services and Management Research, Vol. 4 (5), May 2015, 187 - 199
• “Prediction of Financially Unsuccessful Companies Using MDA and MRA Techniques: An Empirical Study on Istanbul Stock Exchange,” METU Studies in Development, 1996, 23(3), 357-376
• “The Importance and Relevance of Soft Skills in Today’s and Tomorrow’s Working Environment”, Computer Society of India (CSI) - Adhyayan, July - September 2008, pp 35 - 37.
• “Smart Governance for Sustainable Smart Cities”, 2-day International Conference on Development of Smart Cities: Interface, Governance, and Technology, Sept. 2016, Dr. AIT, Bangalore
• “Understanding Cloud Computing and its Applications in SMEs”, 2-day National Conference on Frontiers of Computers Science, May 2011, DBIT, Bangalore
• “Data Analysis using SPSS 18”, 2-day training programme conducted by SPSS Inc.; March 2010
• “Continuous Process Improvement in Engineering Education”, a 3-day training program by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Chennai; Aug. 2007
• "Campus Connect", a 4-day training programme conducted by Infosys, Mysore; April 2007
• “Creativity and Innovation in Management Practices”, VIT University, Vellore; March 2007
• "Digital Libraries and Virtual Learning Environment" , VIT University, Vellore; November 2006
• 2-day training programme on "Train the Trainer" organized by Electronics Corporation of Tamlinadu (ELCOT), Government of Tamilnadu, India; September 2006
• “Behavioural Process Reengineering” by Dr. Mahendra Raju, PF Commissioner, Chennai; Sept. 2006
• "Effective Presentation Skills" organized by Madras Management Association, Chennai; August 2006
Membership of Professional Bodies:
• Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
• Life Member, Computer Society of India (CSI)
• Member, Indian Society of Training and Development (ISTD)
• Member, All India Management Association (MIMA)
Dr. Raghavendra K
Dr. Raghavendra KAssociate Professor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest : Additive Manufacturing Total Teaching Experience as on Jan 2018: [07 years]
Total Industrial Experience as on Jan 2018: [00 in years]
Ph.D (Additive Manufacturing), NITK (2015 )
M.Tech (Manufacturing Technology), NITK ( 2010 )
B.E (Mechanical Engineering), VTU Belgaum, [2007 ]
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity: PUBLICATIONS
1. “Optimization of Hole Characteristics During Pulse Nd:YAG Laser Drilling of Commercially Pure Titanium Alloy”, Muralidhar Avvari & M. Manjaiah & Mashamba Able & Rudolph F. Laubscher & K. Raghavendra, Lasers in Manufacturing and Materials Processing (Springer) Volume 4, pp 76-91. June 2017
2. “Effect of Temperature Variations on Dimensional Stability of Bench Mark Structure Fabricated by Scan Based Microstereolithograhy Process”, Raghavendra. K, Prasad Krishna, Mohan Kumar, G.C., Balashanmugam.N, International Journal of Advanced Information Science and Technology,Vol.28, pp 55 -60. August 2014.
1. “Reduction of Surface Roughness in Objects Fabricated by Scan based Microstereolithography; An Experimental Study”, Raghavendra. K,
Mr. Raghavendra J V
Mr. Raghavendra J VAssistant Professor
Email : email@example.com
Area of Interest : Modal Analysis and Vibrations, FEM, Fracture Mechanics
Total Teaching Experience as on March 2018: [10 years]
Total Industrial Experience: [01 year]
Degrees Awarded:M.Tech (Machine Design), VTU 
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:Journal & Conference Publications
• Raghavendra J.V, K.NarasimhaMurthy“Austempered Ductile Iron (ADI) – An Overview” –“International Journal of Science and Innovative Engineering & Technology (IJSIET)” Volume 5, May 2017 ISBN 978-81-904760-9-6.
• Raghavendra J.V, "Blade Containment analysis of Compressor Casing assembly using Explicit Finite Element Technique" at International Conference on convergence of Science, Engineering & Management in Education & Research, 2013 at DSCE, Bangalore.
• Raghavendra J.V, "Taylor bar Impact studies using Explicit Finite Element Technique" at National Conference on Trends in Mechanical Engineering (TIME), 2014 at Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
• Raghavendra J.V, “Design and Fabrication of a Four Wheel Drive Amphibian Vehicle” at 3rd National conference on “Topical Transcend in Mechanical Technology” at SJBIT, Bangalore.
• Raghavendra J.V,K. NarasimhaMurthy“Industrial Applications of Austempered Ductile Iron (ADI)” at 4TH National conference on “Topical Transcend in Mechanical Technology” at SJBIT, Bangalore.
• Raghavendra J.V, K.NarasimhaMurthy“Stress Intensity factor and Critical stress Evaluation of Austempered Ductile Iron” – International conference on ‘Emerging Research in civil, Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering’ held on 21ST July, 2017 at NMIT, Bengaluru, India, published in conference proceedings by McGraw Hill Education (India) Private Limited.
• Raghavendra J.V, K.NarasimhaMurthy“Development and Characterization of Austempered Ductile Iron (ADI)” – National conference on ‘Tropical Transcend in Mechanical Technology’ TTMT-2017 held on 10TH MAY, 2017 at SJBIT, Bengaluru,
• Raghavendra J.V, K.NarasimhaMurthy“Austempered Ductile Iron (ADI) – An Overview” – International conference on ‘Advances in Science, Engineering and Technology 2017’ held on 24th April 2017 at RGIT, Bengaluru.
• Raghavendra J.V, “Online Health Monitoring of Aircraft wing made of Composite Material” – 3rdInternational conference organized by the Department of computer science and Information science & Engineering held on 5TH and 6TH May 2017.
• Attended Trainers Training Programme on “Internalize Intellectual Property & Strategic Management of IPR” at B.I.T, Bangalore.
• Attended three days Faculty Development Programme on “ANSYS” Organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, JIT.
• Attended two weeks Faculty Development Programme on “Mechanical Engg Laboratories (Module 1)” Organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, JIT.
• Attended Faculty Development Programme on “CNC-Programming, Simulation and Hands on Experience” organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Jyothy Institute of Technology, Sponsored by ISTE – New Delhi, in association with Kriatec Services – Edgecam.
• Attended 4 days Training Programme on “CNC Machining Technology Module – Turning Centre” Organised by Ace micromatic –LPM (Bangalore Technology Center).
• Attended one week Faculty Development Programme on “Vibration and Modal Analysis” Organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, MSRIT.
• Attended Hands-on experience on “Solid works” organized jointly by VTU, Belgaum and CoreCAD Technologies Pvt.Ltd.
• Attended two weeks Faculty Development Program on “Mechanical Engg Laboratories” – Module III (HMT LAB) Organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, JIT in association with Mechtrix Engineers, Bengaluru.
• Attended Four days Faculty Development Program on “CAED and CAMD” conducted by Autodesk, Inc at VTU Regional Office, Mysuru from 30TH April 2015 to 03RD May 2015.
• Attended Faculty Development Program on “Autodesk AutoCAD Software, Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Fusion 360 software” held at DSCE, Bangalore from 27TH January 2015 to 29TH January 2015.
• Attended Faculty Development Program on “Computerised Heat & Mass Transfer Laboratory” organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, J.I.T, in association with Mechtrix Engineers, Bengaluru held from 14TH December 2015 to 18TH December 2015.
• Attended one day workshop on “Maplesoft Tools” (Simulation) organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, J.I.T, in association with Lanika Solutions Private Limited, Bengaluru held on19TH January 2016.
• Participated in the NPTEL (IIT, Madras) workshop conducted on 29THJanuary 2016 at J.I.T, Bangalore.
• Participated in one day workshop on “Pneumatics and Industrial Automation” on 31ST August 2016 at J.I.T, Bangalore.
• Attended one week Faculty Development Program on “FE Analysis Tools and Applications” organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, J.I.T, in association with STARCOM Information Technology Ltd from 25TH July to 30TH July 2016.
Membership to Professional Bodies