Jyothy Institute of Technology
Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University - Belagavi, Approved by AICTE - New Delhi
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering started in the year 2011 with an intake of 60 students in undergraduate program. The Department has a rich tradition in research and teaching. The research interests of the faculty members of the department encompass the wide area of applied and fundamental aspects of Electronics and Communication Engineering. The broad areas of research and academic activities in the department are:
- Embedded Systems
- Signal processing and Communication
- Control and Computing,
- Power Electronics.
- Microelectronics and VLSI design and Electronic Systems.
- Satellite Image Processing-Remote Sensing
- Navigation Systems
- Biodegradable PCBs
The Department has an affluent mixture of young and experienced faculty members with doctorate degree and pursuing doctoral studies, all of whom display high levels of technical knowledge, enthusiasm and dedication. Apart from teaching and research, the faculty members own professional body membership such as ISTE, IETE, Institute of Engineers and are actively involved in organizing technical workshops and industrial visits. The faculty members are encouraged to publish technical papers in national/international journals, conferences and are also involved in institutional level activities in interdisciplinary research.
The department has well equipped classrooms, seminar hall equipped with projectors, internet and Wacom devices, industry based labs to emphasize on holistic learning. In addition to the well equipped curriculum related laboratories, the department has many state of the art facilities for assisting research and development. The department encourages the students to conduct and participate in extra-curricular/sports/Technical activities under the forum of IETE.
The department has a reasonable number of sponsored student projects and ongoing research projects funded by various agencies such as KSCST, VGST, DST and SAC-ISRO. The department has MOUs with various organizations such as SAC-ISRO, NRSC-ISRO etc.
- To be a Department of excellence at a global level in Electronics and Communication Engineering education, incorporating Research & Innovation and Leadership training components.
- Strive to provide state of Art infrastructure in classrooms and laboratories.
- Enable all-round development with individual attention and innovative teaching learning methodology.
- Impart leadership qualities into the students by exposing them to industry and research in global Electronics and Communication Engineering domain.
The Department Will,
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: (Domain Knowledge) Graduates of Electronics & Communication Engineering will be able to utilize mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, theoretical as well as laboratory based experiences to identify, formulate & solve engineering problems and succeed in advanced engineering or other fields.
- PEO2: (Professional Employment) Graduates of Electronics & Communication Engineering will succeed in entry-level engineering positions in VLSI, Communication and Fabrication industries in regional, national, or global industries.
- PEO3: (Engineering Citizenship) Graduates of Electronics & Communication Engineering will be prepared to communicate and work effectively on individual & team based engineering projects while practicing the ethics of their profession consistent with a sense of social responsibility.
- PEO4: (Lifelong Learning) Graduates of Electronics & Communication Engineering will be equipped to recognize the importance of, and have the skills for, continuous learning to become experts in their domain and enhance their professional attributes
Programme Specific Objectives (PSOs)
- PSO1: (Knowledge/ Skills) Explore emerging technologies in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering using the knowledge and skills gained.
- PSO2: (Application/Analysis/Problem solving) Apply techniques in different domains to create innovative products and services in the Communication, VLSI, DSP, and Networking.
- PSO3: (Value/ Attribute) Work on various platforms as an individual/ team member to develop useful and safe Circuits, PCB, Power Management Systems and Automation for the society and nation.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1: Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern Tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to Engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological changes.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Dr. Chandrasekhar K, HOD
Dr. Chandrasekhar K, HODHoD & Associate Professor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest : Signal Processing and Communication, VLSI
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 23.3 years
Degrees Awarded:Ph.D. ( Electronics and Communication Engg) in VTU
B.E ( Electronics)
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:International Journals : 04
National Conferences :2
Life Membership: MISTE, FIE
Dr T.G.S Moorthy
Dr T.G.S MoorthyAdviser & Professor
Email : email@example.com
Area of Interest : Satellite Communication, Microwave, Optical Fibre Communication.
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 40 + years
Degrees Awarded:Ph.D. (Solid State Physics)
AMIE (Electronics and Telecommunication) M.Sc
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:International Journals: 02
Professional Bodies : ISTE
Dr. M Geetha Priya
Dr. M Geetha PriyaProfessor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest : Image Processing, Remote Sensing Applications, Reversible Logic Computing and GNSS.
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 12.6 years
Degrees Awarded:Ph.D. (Information and Communication Engg.)
M.E.- VLSI Design
B.E- Electronics & Communication Engg.
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:International Journals: 04
Paper presentation in International Conference: 02
Life Membership: IETE, IAENG.
Dr. H B M Ajjaiah
Dr. H B M AjjaiahAssociate Professor
Email : email@example.com
Area of Interest : Basic Electronics, Analog Electronics , Microelectronics, Power Electronics, Evolutionary Algorithm, Microcontroller, Biomedical Signal Processing, Adaptive filters and Transmission lines.
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 14 years
Total Industrial Experience as on Aug 2014: 1 years
Degrees Awarded:Ph.D.( Evolutionary Computation)
M.Tech (Power Electronics )
B.E (Electronics and Instrumentation)
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:International Journals : 03
IEEE student Member
Mr. N. Narasimha Swamy
Mr. N. Narasimha swamyVisiting Professor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest : Basic Electrical, Basic Electronics, Electrical Machines, Control Systems, Network Analysis, Field Theory, Antenna Propagation, Analog Communication, Signal and Systems, DSP and few more.
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2014: 50 years
Degrees Awarded:M.E (Power Systems)
B.E (Electrical Engineering)
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:Attended summer School courses etc
Mr. Chandrashekar B M
Mr. Chandrashekar B MAssistant Professor
Email : email@example.com
Area of Interest : Power distributions and Optimization Technique
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 12 years
Total Industrial Experience as on Aug 2014: 03 years
Degrees Awarded:Phd, Under VTU Pursuing,
M.E.-Power & Energy Systems
BE- Electrical & Electronics Engg.
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:Paper presentation in International Conference: 01
Life Membership: MIE,MISTE,IETE.
Mr. Guru Prasad M Bhat
Mr. Guru Prasad M BhatAssistant Professor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest : VLSI and Embedded Systems, Image Processing and Video Processing
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 11 years
Degrees Awarded:(Ph.D pursuing under Visvesvaraya Technological University Registered. 2017)
Diploma in RTL Design, Accel-IT Academy, Pune. April 2009
M.Tech, Regional Center Belgaum, 2007
B.E., BIET, Davangere, 2005
Mrs. Sumangala G
Mrs. Sumangala GAssistant Professor
Email : email@example.com
Area of Interest : Communication Systems, Antennas, Internet of Things
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 7 years
Total Industrial Experience as on Aug 2014: 01 year
Degrees Awarded:M.Tech, R V College of Engineering , 2011
B.E, Proudadevaraya Institiute of Technology, 2002
Mr. Nagesh Kumar D N
Mr. Nagesh Kumar D NAssistant Professor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest : VLSI & Embedded Systems
Total Teaching Experience as on Jan 2018: 9.5 years
Total Industrial Experience as on Aug 2014: 04 years
Degrees Awarded:Master of Technology, UTL Technologies, Bangalore, 2012.
Bachelor of Engineering, Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, Tumkur, 2003.
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:International Conference - 01
ISTE, Life Membership No. LM101289
IETE, Life Membership No. M-238136
Mr. B Rajesh Rao
Mr. B Rajesh RaoAssistant Professor
Email : email@example.com
Area of Interest : Embedded system design Image processing
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 4.5 years
Total Industrial Experience as on Aug 2014: [07 years]
Degrees Awarded:M.Tech Srinivas Institute of Technology, Valachil, Mangalore. 
B.E Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan. 
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:Conference - 04
Mr. Madhukar M
Mr. Madhukar MAssistant Professor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest : Embedded Systems and VLSI
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 3.5 years
Degrees Awarded:Master of Science in Technology, Manipal University, 2014
Bachelor of Engineering, Shirdi sai Engineering College, 2010
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:ISTE, Life Membership No. LM101292
IETE, Life Membership No. AM-238154
Mrs. Smita Agrawal
Mrs. Smita AgrawalAsst. Professor
Email : email@example.com
Area of Interest : Computer networks, Network security, Cryptography, Internet of Things
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 1.5 years
Degrees Awarded:M.Tech (Power Electronics)
B.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engg.)
Mr. Deepak V Ingale
Mr. Deepak V IngaleAsst. Professor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest : Sensor development Signal processing VLSI Embedded system design
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 8 years
Total Industrial Experience : 02 years
Degrees Awarded:M.Tech (VLIS and Embedded System)
Research, Professional and Scientific Activity:Publications – 01
Scientific Activity: was instrumental in development of Ammonia Bio Sensor
Mrs Ashwini Dasare
Ashwini DasareAsst. Professor
Email : email@example.com
Area of Interest : Image Processing, Remote Sensing
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 3 years
Degrees Awarded:M.Tech in Digital electronics and communication
B.E in ECE
Mrs D krishnaveni
Mrs D krishnaveniAsst. Professor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest : Digital Circuits, CMOS VLSI, Reversible Logic
Total Teaching Experience as on Sep 2017: 19 years
Degrees Awarded:M.Tech (Electronics)
B.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering)